650i and 680i?

reodan92

Baseband Member
ok well when i moved my parts from my old pc to my new pc case i geuss i burned my cpu ( dunno thats what my uncles said and hes a wiz wit computers) so now im going to build a new pc. Im kinda on a budget right now and he already ordered my new parts with out telling me and i looked over them and i didnt want most of the stuff he got me so im just going to return it but i was wondering whats the difference from a 650i mobo and a 680i mobo, since im looking for a new sli motherboard.

from what i understand a 650 is just a dumbed down version of teh 680 with not as many fetures. Both are good boards for OC'ing if your into that.

Not sure if you mean you are looking for a board to replace what your uncle got you, but if you are looking at a different board, take a look at the 650i and 680i boards from EVGA. they build with great quality, and when registered, have a lifetime warranty.

Gigabyte 650i board is the best out of all the 650i boards. Also, 680i is basically luck of the draw for a good board.

Also, 680i is basically luck of the draw for a good board.
I wouldn't say that anymore. We've sold atleast 50 of the evga 680i's at work and not a single one has come back wiht motherboard related issues since january. If it was draw of the luck, at least one of them would have had issues.

[edit] maybe that may be true with other companies, but atleast with EVGA it's not an issue any more. you have just as much luck with a DOA from them as you do from other companies now.

I had issues with my 680i last weekend, random reboots. I would be lucky if I could get to the start button. Somehow I was able to update the bios, which didn't work. I now have an Asus Commando that's working very well so far.

Well, i'm pretty sure ASUS and other companies have good QC like they should. I'm talking about the 680i chipset consistently hitting 500FSB, more of the top out at 450. Its luck of the draw to hit 500FSB.

Back
Top Bottom