problem with ubuntu and my laptop screen

Fisher

Fully Optimized
ok ive installed ubuntu on my mates computer to my laptop hardrive as my laptop dvd drive doesnt work. when i put the hard drive back into my lappy it started booting up ok and then went kaputt! it said there was no screen attached or somehting. my laptop screens native resolution is 1680x1050 so im thinking that it just doesnt like widescreen or something. so is there a linux distro that can work with my screen or anyway of getting ubuntu to work. you have to take into consideration that iam a complete linux noob my experience of it is no more than about 1hr

Dont know much about it myself, but it should handle your screen with no problems. Im guessing its some sort of driver issue, because you have set it up for another computer. Have you tried posting this in a linux forum, you would get loads more help there from people in the know.:)

maybe it's just because you used your friends computer to install it? Wrong drivers, though it should still give you some kind of a picture.
I'd try to figure a way to install it with your laptop, maybe just open it and then attach a new dvd drive?

tried that to see what connection and so forth that it needed as i could only find dvd drives that might off fitted it, anyway long story short had a really nasty experience putting it all back together again and thought my laptop might off been kaput forever. i think i might do what raffaz said and ask on a linux forum

tried that to see what connection and so forth that it needed as i could only find dvd drives that might off fitted it, anyway long story short had a really nasty experience putting it all back together again and thought my laptop might off been kaput forever. i think i might do what raffaz said and ask on a linux forum

hehe :D Yeah it's sometimes hard to put it back together, though it's easy if you just make sure you know where you took everything out from. Happened to me once with a paintball gun. I took it apart, then I put it back together and noticed there was one spring on the table.

You MUST install ubuntu on the actual PC your going to use it on. Ubuntu does support 1680x1050 (i've seen so for myself in the xorg.conf)

Back
Top Bottom