Help me pick a game.

Wow the graphics dam! Ive did a test on everything max I got avg 91 FPS, max 251 FPS, min 41 FPS. Pretty the game is more scary than Doom 3!
That's sweet. Yeah, I never finished the game actually because I hate scary games like that.

Haha. I play World of Warcraft and still have a life.

Not if you play casually. If you want to be on top of your server and all that you'll probably need to play constantly but you don't have to commit to it. >_>

Considering how there is a monthly fee to play the game, most people feel more inclined to spend more time playing. After all, they don't want to 'waste' their money.
Atleast it's that way for most people.

I don't think I could ever bring myself to keep paying for a game that I had already bought. Sounds stupid and I honestly feel that following that style of gaming will only bring in more games that charge monthly to play.

Considering how there is a monthly fee to play the game, most people feel more inclined to spend more time playing. After all, they don't want to 'waste' their money.
Atleast it's that way for most people.

I don't think I could ever bring myself to keep paying for a game that I had already bought. Sounds stupid and I honestly feel that following that style of gaming will only bring in more games that charge monthly to play.

True, I'd never pay monthly to play a game, it just seems senseless to me, no game is worth a monthy payment IMO, no matter how good it is. That's basically why I opt'ed to by GuildWars instead of WoW, and I'm sure that's the reason for alot of people. The willingness of such a large community to pay money for WoW (for the hardcore people) monthly, spending hours and hours leveling and killing monsters is ridiculous though, and I agree is promoting other companies to pursue similar methods in accumulating revenue. I just hope that future installments of Blizzard games don't charge players for the use of their battle.net system, which is pretty crappy on the Diablo and Starcraft servers anyway due to neglect and increased attention to WC3 and WoW.

Yeah, Halo 2 PC is coming out May 8th. Apparently not DirectX10 though, which disappoints me.

They can't make it DirectX 10 because the entire game was developed using DirectX 9 hardware.

Which just proves that M$ is a bunch of greedy bastards trying to get more people to vista by making it required.

I just hope they atleast don't half-ass halo2 like they did halo1.

Halo PC had some of the dumbest things that could have been easily fixed...

No widescreen, easily remedied by changing the FOV.

Assault rifles, jackal shields, and the halo ring are all missing shaders. All present in the xbox version, and with exception to the jackal shields, a bitmap patch can fix this.

Missing camo effect for all nvidia users.. fixed by making halo think it's running on an ATi card... gee, aren't they biased.

I can understand the lackluster netcode.. afterall... it was meant for lan only on the xbox.. but halo2 had live, so it should be all good on PC.

That's what you get with porting. Becides, it wasn't Microsoft or Bungie that did the porting. It was Gearbox Software.

As for widescreen support, back then it wasn't as big of an issue because widescreen monitors weren't as big as they are now.

Yeah, I tend to forget that ports are typically watered down.. they never seem to do much more than just make the game work sometimes..

Back
Top Bottom