Blizzard CANNOT be serious.

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
A sharp-eyed reader points out that Blizzard added three new positions on their job openings page yesterday for a "next-gen MMO."

The company is looking for a lead engine programmer, lead tools programmer and lead technical artist. While the reader theorizes that this is for a console port of World of Warcraft, my money is on World of Starcraft or something like it.

Remember, yesterday was also when Blizzard told us that they intend to announce a new product at th Worldwide Invitational in Korea on May 19. They also said they do plan to revisit the StarCraft universe at some point in the future.

What do you think? A new World of Warcraft, a Starcraft MMO, oooh, maybe Lost Vikings the MMO?

http://kotaku.com/gaming/world-of-starcraft?/blizzard-working-on-next+gen-mmo-255852.php

Can someone clear this up for me? What is Lost Vikings and why haven't I heard of it? I have no clue what Starcraft is either, but I've actually heard of that. The only Blizzard games I know of are Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo.

This better be Diablo-related. They've paid enough attention to the Warcraft series already, it's not like there's nothing to do in World of Warcraft so people are freaking out or anything. If your addicted enough, get 10 characters to level 70 and play another 5000 hours of PvP, then get back to me. I play WoW a bit, but I don't really see whats exciting enough to play as much as people do.

Lost Vikings is one of Blizzards first projects, which made it onto Gameboy/Color, that's a joke, but I really hope they don't make an MMORPG out of Starcraft, my hopes for the next upcoming project is a Starcraft 2 RTS or a Diablo 3 RPG.

To be honest, when it comes to rumors, I don't trust Wikipedia.

Thanks for the articles though, I'll take a look on the games.

kchi55 said:
Lost Vikings is one of Blizzards first projects, which made it onto Gameboy/Color, that's a joke, but I really hope they don't make an MMORPG out of Starcraft, my hopes for the next upcoming project is a Starcraft 2 RTS or a Diablo 3 RPG.
I see. I hope for something Diablo-related too.

Yeah, I just linked to the articles because you said you'd never heard of the games.

A new Diablo game would be cool. I'm not much into MMORPGs. I'd like to see a new Starcraft game more than anything really.

That article still doesn't make it clear as to what Starcraft is, maybe because I'm too lazy to read it throughoutly right now. Anyone wanna summarize it? :p

It's basically your typical RTS. It's set in the future. There's 3 different races you can be. You gather resources, there's different types of units that do different things, and the goal is basically to wipe out the other player(s) civilizations.

the terran race is very similar to us humans but they dont come from earth. terran are fast but not as fast as zerg and they are average strength.
fight.htm

the zerg race is the alien race with disgusting ways of civilizing and building. zerg is fast but weak
zvt03.jpg

and protoss is the second alien race with high intelligence and humanoid structure. protoss is strong but limited and slow.
overview1.gif

Blizzard used to be my favorite developer, now i hate em. DOWN WITH MMO'S!!! I don't want to pay each month you greedy bastards!

Back
Top Bottom