Viacom legal action against youtube

That's not youtube's fault though, it's the users isant it?

£500 mil! :eek:

To some extend yes but youtube should have a policy to enforce against piracy. If someone uploaded pirate material here I would still be responsible. Youtube are making money from the ads show on pages displaying copyrighted material so they have a duty to enforce

whats the big deal anyway. mtv arnt losing anything. its free advertising imo. all this bs about copyright it stupid in cases like this

Generates good advertising for you tube though doesn't it!!

I think the point is that if any one is watching it then it should be MTV making the money from advertising, not you tube.

Generates good advertising for you tube though doesn't it!!

I think the point is that if any one is watching it then it should be MTV making the money from advertising, not you tube.
true, but mtv wouldnt get any more viewers even if youtube removed all the vids, so youtube are making some money, mtv are being advertised, and the customers are happy. i dont see the problem

For heavens sake its pathetic, there just after making some money, if every company was to sue for clips shown on websites we would all be skint, there looking for a scape goat and You Tube happen to be it. who's next Metacafe?

Read the YouTube TOS. They clearly state that the user is at risk for putting up copyrighted material, and they cannot be held responsible.

yse, but users sign up for that, not the content owners where copyright is infringed.

Back
Top Bottom