Norton Corp ed Update Not Working !!!

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello,

I have a Norton Corp Edition and a Norton Firewall, (Running on Win Xp Home Ed) when I try to click the Update button on ether one, it is not working. About 30 seconds after I clicking the update button, the msg pop's up saying something about that “Norton was unable to connect and try later & if that doesn't work reinstall the updater.”

Now I used the update button b4 many times and I had no problems, but now all of a sudden its not working, I cant recall doing any major changes to the computer or the Norton, so I have no idea why its not connecting.

I don't have the CD, it was lost somewhere in ruins of my house. How do u think I should precede? Norton msg sad to reinstall the updater, any idea where I can find it, and do I have to remove the old one…im not even sure if its in my add remove….

PS: plz don't say that Norton sucks, and that I should remove it from my system, I also have another antivirus software running in the back its called the “CA Antivirus” I need Norton mostly for one reason it has that thing that runs in the back that constantly scans ur registry…etc, “Auto Protect”

Please help me out thanks.

Have you tryed going back to 'last known good config' ?

PS: plz don't say that Norton sucks, and that I should remove it from my system, I also have another antivirus software running in the back its called the “CA Antivirus” I need Norton mostly for one reason it has that thing that runs in the back that constantly scans ur registry…etc, “Auto Protect”

I was just about to type ''AHHHH GET RID'' ahha I see Norton as more as a Virus more than anything, but if it suits you then your sorted. :)

First thing, you should NEVER have more than one antivirus program running.

Is your norton legit? Last known good config wont sort out a software problem, so your wasting ya time trying that.:)

It could be the server down, so if its just happening now, then give it a day or so and try again.

Having two antivirus programs at the same time will cause them to conflict with eachother and lead to strange issues and instability. Try disabling CA or uninstalling it and see if it works.

Have you tryed going back to 'last known good config' ?

I was just about to type ''AHHHH GET RID'' ahha I see Norton as more as a Virus more than anything, but if it suits you then your sorted. :)
same here. norton does truely suck. back in the day when my copy was not so legit (2003 edition) it updated and stuff fine (most of the time), i just got program errors and stuff. if its non legit that could be causing problems

And if it is legit its probably causing problems lol:)
yep indeed lol. its just theres more of a chance of it fcuking up if its an illegal copy.. kinda (it basically sucks whatever copy you have) :p

To be honest dont know if its legit or not, it was put in my the repair guy who fixed my comp about 3 2month ago, but my guess its not. I will try to do what u suggested, by disabling the ca untivirus. Il keep u posted

Back
Top Bottom