help with visual basic

neon615

Baseband Member
OMG this is such a noob question...but when i finish making a application in visual basic express 20005 how do i make it into one single .exe file? or is it a installer file? i dont know but please help?

Ahh im just about to use it at college for the first time lol, im guessing, Save As: File Type (.exe) ?

yeh well i tried that...but if i go to the build menu and it saves like this there is a

setup
hello world_1_0_0_2
hello world
hello world_1_0_0_2(folder)

(btw the application is called hello world)

with all the compilers i've used for VB there was alway a way to do it in Save As, or a "Build" command in the file menu to do it. I'll take a look at the stuff at school to find out.

here's what I do
build & compile it and make sure it runs without errors. Then save it and go to teh bin -> debug folder of where the project is stored. There will be an executable file there for you. Hasn't failed me yet :)

yeaaa i know that butt... if i want to give the program to someone else or say...distribute it over the internnet how do i do that?

yeaaa i know that butt... if i want to give the program to someone else or say...distribute it over the internnet how do i do that?

Just copy it from the debug folder and paste it in your Documents folder (or wherever you wish). From there you can attach it to emails etc

Matt

Do what Matt said, I do that and I've brought it on to other computers before and it worked. I also believe there's a way to package it for installation as well, I know in the professional version there is but I'm not sure about the express version. Either way, I recommend making a backup copy before doing so, I did it once and it messed up my project because it kept looking for a digital signature that wasn't there.

Back
Top Bottom