8 core processor?

no they could use 80 for anything in the future, rendering massive screens with high resolutions (control centers), rendering 3d graphics for public presentations (and kick ass games :), digital theaters, its all coming, ive seen it all on the science channel, they are developing it all and now that an 80core processor is beginning to be thought of, the options and applications are endless, i believe each core would run at 3.6ghz i think is what i saw in an article i read about it a month ago, which is approx. 288ghz total... ya thats kinda fast...

LMFAO click graphics look at the "top of the line graphics card" i really hope people dont fall for that BS

you cant go above 80% cpu usage with a SINGLE quad core unless your like ripping 2 dvd's playing FEAR and running a virus scan and vista all at once NO WAY will a 8 core cpu will be practial OTHER than a server.

its just not practical because no single system can burn that much cpu power. besides your performance will be the same at 80% as it will at 5% cpu usage. less than 100% cpu usage means there is NO wait time for threads reqeusteing processing.

besides there is NO RAM fast enough to supply the cpu's cache with so many things to push it farth enough to become worth it. ALSO the MAC OS doesnt even come close to cpu usage as windows thats why a 400mhz G4 was as good as a entry level dell in things like opening up documents

LMFAO click graphics look at the "top of the line graphics card" i really hope people dont fall for that BS

you cant go above 80% cpu usage with a SINGLE quad core unless your like ripping 2 dvd's playing FEAR and running a virus scan and vista all at once NO WAY will a 8 core cpu will be practial OTHER than a server.

its just not practical because no single system can burn that much cpu power. besides your performance will be the same at 80% as it will at 5% cpu usage. less than 100% cpu usage means there is NO wait time for threads reqeusteing processing.

besides there is NO RAM fast enough to supply the cpu's cache with so many things to push it farth enough to become worth it. ALSO the MAC OS doesnt even come close to cpu usage as windows thats why a 400mhz G4 was as good as a entry level dell in things like opening up documents

i sort of agree with you for now but in the future it will be well worth it coz program developers will make their programs so they r able to use more cpu coz once they know the power is out there its obviously gonna be used and then the RAM issue well again for now i agree but if they can create new processors im just thinkin they can do the same with RAM

that may be only 2 quad's but intel does expect an Oct-core out by feb of next year, with a release set for the 16-core.

Sure you can, just run 4 instances of Prime95! :p

Back
Top Bottom