8 core processor?

eh its mac, idc... lol, but yes i have heard rumors of 8 core intels and such, whether it will happen soon, idk, eventually it will

OMFG and people where sayin AMD comin back with barcelona processors no chance once these babies become affordable

Supposedly Intel's working on a prototype 80 core, and even a 100 core processor. I'd like to see something that actually makes full use of that. I'm sure something will come along eventually, probably one program that utilizes 100 cores, just so they can say it can be used for something.

edit: Getting back on topic :p, looks like it's just 2 quad-cores running together. And those aren't even true quads, right? So it's like 4 dual-cores working together.
Opt for the 8-core Mac Pro and you get the power of two Quad-Core Intel Xeon “Clovertown” processors running at 3.0GHz.

that is AMAZING! ( oh and by the way I HATE macs I was just using that as an example of one you can buy).

this post got me thinking and looking more and look what i found

http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=13496

16 core processor WOW

That's from Sun microsystems, those are server CPUs, you will never see those on a desktop, as for Barcelona making a come back... Yes, it definitely will make a come back and take back lost ground when Core 2 came out. Barcelona will easily over take the Kentsfields right now and the Penryn die shrink might put up a fight, but I'm confident in AMDs innovations. Nehalem will be featuring the 8 cores mentioned in the first post, which will also feature 45nm, this won't be coming out for a while though, so until then, AMD has time to get back a few customers. The 8-core system in the first post isn't really 8-cores at all anyway, it's just two Kentsfields in a system.

the only use for something that fast is gaming,they should push for smaller.

Back
Top Bottom