17 year old severely injures his 4 year old sister

you'll notice in my post I did write history. I expected everyone to know that history!.

there is no need to own guns for revolution anymore, (and besides the laws against sedition prevent that anyway, in fact those laws even prevent talk of revolution).

guns do = power, in so far as if someone has a gun and you don't you don't argue...

nowadays however, the only people with guns for power are the police, the criminals and the insane who think that invasion/revolution is looming.
Ahhh, but big Tone steps down in a matter in a matter of weeks, think that'll make any difference?

you'll notice in my post I did write history. I expected everyone to know that history!.

there is no need to own guns for revolution anymore, (and besides the laws against sedition prevent that anyway, in fact those laws even prevent talk of revolution).

guns do = power, in so far as if someone has a gun and you don't you don't argue...

nowadays however, the only people with guns for power are the police, the criminals and the insane who think that invasion/revolution is looming.
I was talking more to paris up there than you, but you have valid points. Basically though, if for some reason an insane President got elected, and the right to bear arms wasn't there, what's to stop him from becoming an absolute dictator??

There is nothing to stop the president becoming a dictator.

assuming that everyone in power just decided to support him, or those that didn't support him were 'gotten rid of'... then you have a militia armed with a few handguns fighting an army armed with a few thousand machine guns?

the second amendment doesn't really make sense any more in that respect, your right to bear arms is so limited that if you ever did need to form a militia then you'd be stomped on pretty hard straight away...
I know it's completely different situation but it'd be just like a Waco siege...

So far as hunting goes, there are places to hunt in Britain (private land and farms and such, (just get permission from a farmer/land owner), and organised game hunts, I've been hunting several times, (all for the pot).

(my dad owns guns),
the question here being does owning a gun make you a bad person? I mean going hunting and such is something I've done since I was a lad, does that make me a bad person, or my parents bad people for bringing me up with guns as an accepted part of life, (in Britain).
(I expect American members would say no, it's not bad... but what do the British people here think? most people in Britain seem to think gun = bad whilst ignoring any possible legitimate use for a gun).

of course, (back on topic) as I said earlier, owning a gun does put you in considerable danger, there is some statistic somewhere that a lot of people who have guns 'for protection' in fact end up being victims of their own firearm! -can't remember the exact percentage, or where I read that.

for this situation, owning a gun has meant that this guys sister won't ever actually grow up

There is nothing to stop the president becoming a dictator.*

assuming that everyone in power just decided to support him, or those that didn't support him were 'gotten rid of'... then you have a militia armed with a few handguns fighting an army armed with a few thousand machine guns?

the second amendment doesn't really make sense any more in that respect, your right to bear arms is so limited that if you ever did need to form a militia then you'd be stomped on pretty hard straight away...
I know it's completely different situation but it'd be just like a Waco siege...

So far as hunting goes, there are places to hunt in Britain (private land and farms and such, (just get permission from a farmer/land owner), and organised game hunts, I've been hunting several times, (all for the pot).

(my dad owns guns),
the question here being does owning a gun make you a bad person? I mean going hunting and such is something I've done since I was a lad, does that make me a bad person, or my parents bad people for bringing me up with guns as an accepted part of life, (in Britain).
(I expect American members would say no, it's not bad... but what do the British people here think? most people in Britain seem to think gun = bad whilst ignoring any possible legitimate use for a gun).

of course, (back on topic) as I said earlier, owning a gun does put you in considerable danger, there is some statistic somewhere that a lot of people who have guns 'for protection' in fact end up being victims of their own firearm! -can't remember the exact percentage, or where I read that.

for this situation, owning a gun has meant that this guys sister won't ever actually grow up

*There's a difference?, lol.

There is nothing to stop the president becoming a dictator.*

(my dad owns guns),

*There's a difference?, lol.

Back
Top Bottom