17 year old severely injures his 4 year old sister

bear_arms.png
Huh?

the right to bear arms?

BEAR arms...

oh well never mind

what we (the British) people need to realise is that we have a different social identity to the Americans here.
for many Americans owning a gun is a lot like us British people eating a kebab... it's just a given thing, very few people question it.

it's a way of life.

perhaps these pictures explain more than I can...
m_38c7c08ef32f67e78d3054f88dcc77f8.jpg

m_dc412c4c9e3333e581d4d9cfba5a2f0e.jpg

owning a gun, and shooting as a sport is a family activity. we don't really have the resources space or history for that to be possible in Britain, so it's not a very popular past time.

firing a gun is probably safer than some of the kebabs i have eaten late at night...
Please keep it serious, I keep thinking of that family, & what they're doing at this moment, their tortured minds going over & over the events of the last 24 hours, I hope they have a strong faith.

You guys are missing the point of the right to bear arms. It's not for the sport. It's because if the citizens don't have guns, what the hell is going to prevent a dictatorship from arising here??

I've said this before, but I'll say it again. The whole reason the 2nd Amendment exists is because in Colonial America, the citizens did not have guns. Hence, they had no power. The leaders of Britain could do whatever they wanted. The reason the Revolutionary War started was because the British did not want the American citizens to possess firearms, because that would mean they could revolt.

It's simple:
GUNS = POWER

You guys are missing the point of the right to bear arms. It's not for the sport. It's because if the citizens don't have guns, what the hell is going to prevent a dictatorship from arising here??
you'll notice in my post I did write history. I expected everyone to know that history!.

there is no need to own guns for revolution anymore, (and besides the laws against sedition prevent that anyway, in fact those laws even prevent talk of revolution).

guns do = power, in so far as if someone has a gun and you don't you don't argue...

nowadays however, the only people with guns for power are the police, the criminals and the insane who think that invasion/revolution is looming.

I still do not see the need for guns. Whats the limit on size/power that the 2nd Amendment talks about?

here is a excerpt from the second amendment of the constitution.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Here in America that just means you have the "Right" or the "Choice" to own a gun...there are Federal Laws regulating the kind of weapons you can own though...like just because you have the right to own a firearm don't mean you can just buy a anti tank weapon and claim the 2nd Amendment lol

the right to bear arms?

BEAR arms...

oh well never mind

what we (the British) people need to realise is that we have a different social identity to the Americans here.
for many Americans owning a gun is a lot like us British people eating a kebab... it's just a given thing, very few people question it.

it's a way of life.

perhaps these pictures explain more than I can...
m_38c7c08ef32f67e78d3054f88dcc77f8.jpg

m_dc412c4c9e3333e581d4d9cfba5a2f0e.jpg

owning a gun, and shooting as a sport is a family activity. we don't really have the resources space or history for that to be possible in Britain, so it's not a very popular past time.

EXACTLY, it's a cultural thing.

like where i live here in Alabama (the American Deep South) guns are apart of our culture, from the civil war up until now guns have played a big role in how our state was shaped....the state is 52,423 square miles (135,775 km) or about 22.9 million acres and out of the total land area 70% is forest land.

alot of the people around here make their living off the land and the outdoors is a way of life, and in their spare time they love to hunt. 50-60 years ago my family were very poor and scrapped out a living on the farm and had to hunt to put food on the table and alot of the older people grew up like that...when they had familys they took their kids hunting and they would be fighting mad if you took their guns away lol

Back
Top Bottom