Dell monitor screen gone dull

Steff

Daemon Poster
At work theres this flat screen monitor thats all of a sudden gone dull, I mean you can barely see the test colour screen.

Now, weather its because I cant see the menu screen or not (dont think it is) the 3 menu buttons arent working but the on off switch is.

I've took it apart and re-solderd bits of it on the board but other than that nothing seems to be wrong with it and its still not working.

Any ideas? Thanks :p:D

When you say "flat screen", do you mean LCD or CRT?

Its cheaper to buy a new monitor either way. Not worth fixing.

LCD, we are tight for money at the school and if its possible to be fix would be beter :p not looking very hopefull though

For the parts, I was just wondering if there was anyway of fixing it myself. Not being able to get to the menu is a bit of a pain though lol

I take it that its not under warranty anymore, not that it matters now saying as you have opened it.:p

nah its not :p we are getting new computers and stuff in school just its abit of a shame we are one spair monitor down. i wouldnt like to ring up del anyway have you arse about like god knows what :p

anyway i can acsces it? ive only got up to the 3 boards on the back didnt dare take anything else off haha

Back
Top Bottom