Games freeze upon adding new RAM

Vipul1

In Runtime
I just upgraded my RAM to 1GB from 512MB DDR PC2700.

My first Slot had an
1. iMax 512MB DDR PC2700
2. HTL 512MB DDR PC2700 <---I added this new RAM.

Upon adding the new RAM, everything was working fine as i expected, PC is running fast and stable. I havent overclocked anything. Upon playing games, whenever they start up, they freeze and i have to restart the computer. When i tried the games without the new RAM, everything is fine. Is there anyway i could stop the games from freezing? It is not my graphic card that is at fault. I have a Sparkle 6200A Ultra2 256MB DDR2.

do you know if the two sticks are compatible with each other? sounds to me like either compatability issues or possibly a dodgie stick of ram.

yeh, running a memtest right now, will check to see if any errors come up. Thanks

Well when I was playing Joint operations, I first started on a 512mb, runned find, and then i added another 512 2700.
And the game just screwed up. UNTELL! I updated the video drivers Then it worked just fine :)

l always find that you will get better stability and performance from matched pairs of RAM. I know that alot of the time the computer will work without them, but some mobos are just picky.

Alright, so i better post the RAM back to India and exhange for a better one

Back
Top Bottom