Random-Shutdown

imneveral0ne

Beta member
My computer is randomly shutting down all of a sudden. I was sitting on it playing my game, and it just shut off. i assumed my power went out because it just shut off out of nowhere but i noticed my monitor was still on. then i look down at my tower and one of the lights is still on. but the computer makes no noise at all, just the one light is on. I'm able to boot back up, and it will stay on for about 30 minutes and then it does the same thing again. I havent messed with any of the hardware recently. any idea what is going on?

I have put in a new power supply and its still doing the same thing. someone else told me to check my temps with a program called SpeedFan. those readouts were this:

Fan 1: 0 RPM
Fan 2: 0 RPM

Temp 1: -10C
Temp 2:84C (there was a lil fire next to it)
HD0: 34C
Temp 1(again): 61C (there was a lil fire next to it)

I then checked the temp in my BIOS and it was:

Current CPU1 Temperature 66C/150F

then after I left it idle for another 20 minutes the temp rose to 86C/186F.

anyone help me fix this problem or have any input at all?

i dont really know how to get them since its a computer my mom got from a friend. it wasnt something that i built myself

My laptop randomly shut off all the time. It got extremly hot. I took it to the shop and they blew out all the dust that was inside it and now it works perfectly and stays cool.

Go to run, and type in dxdiag, and tell us what is says or post a screen shot.

Also Control Panel, System.

Assuming you are using Windows.

i will do the dxdiag thing as soon as i can get my computer to run again for more than 20 seconds now :-\

and how would i go about doing that Wood_workur

Seems like it getting hot to me to (the CPU).
86C idle after 20 mins seems to point right to your issue.
Your fan on top the big heat sink on top of your processor (CPU) is spinning right?
YOu will need to take the side panle off and visual look at it, you cant miss it.

it wasnt spinning before before, but i cleaned it out and its spinning now. but its still shutting down after about 20 minutes :-\

When you took your fan off did you have any dust on the heat sinc, because that is quite a common fault for computers over heating, if so you need to get a fine brush or hoover it out carefully

Back
Top Bottom