Post Counts

I would not be bothered about losing post count from the social lounge, but altogether, silly idea IMO.

god, can't you lay off him for once? why does every thread turn into things aginst him. If you hate him that much, write a poem about it, email to yourself then delete it.

no, I'm not trying to be mean man:D I was just giving an example, I don't hate anybody.

^^ i'll belive it, but be carefull when saying he should be banned for annoyance. last thing we want is anther tread taken over by flaming back and fourth

I think we should at least remove them from the Social Lounge. Heck, I've been here for two years and I haven't hit 1,000 yet.

thats what i said a while back....get rid of post counts in the social lounge...there are so many nonsense threads there that don't do anything other than create a chatroom.

The problem with getting rid of post counts in the social lounge is that some times the posts are really insightful or helpful for members that have problems outside of computers. Post count should stay, it's easier for newcomers to trust the opinions of people when they can see the post counts, I think and it also gives credit to the people who spend alot of time on these forums helping out people when they need it. Reputation isn't accurate in guaging how helpful someone is, some people can have really helpful posts, but it doesn't necessarily mean they'll get rep'd, it helps, but it can't be used to judge a member. The fact that the highest rep someone on this forum so far is three bars doesn't help either.

The problem with getting rid of post counts in the social lounge is that some times the posts are really insightful or helpful for members that have problems outside of computers. Post count should stay, it's easier for newcomers to trust the opinions of people when they can see the post counts, I think and it also gives credit to the people who spend alot of time on these forums helping out people when they need it. Reputation isn't accurate in guaging how helpful someone is, some people can have really helpful posts, but it doesn't necessarily mean they'll get rep'd, it helps, but it can't be used to judge a member. The fact that the highest rep someone on this forum so far is three bars doesn't help either.
thats a good post. i agree with it.
+1 ;)

Plus, if you help new members you just get a grey rep anyway.

Back
Top Bottom