Need help finding parts

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
Well my sister's birthday is coming up and i've been looking to build her a comptuer to replace her current laptop. I would be building a laptop for her since she needs the mobility for college.

My only problem is i can't find a case (the thingy with keyboard, moniter and all the other fun stuff, not a carrying case) and a motherboard. I can choose a processor to fit the board when i find a board.

I've searched newegg and tirgerdirect for these and can't seem to find anything. Price is not in the picture right now so any links would be helpfull

Also on newegg, are the "slim" dvd burners the laptop drives?

To be honest, I've never seen a barbone kit for laptops, I don't think they exist, or atleast, if they do, not to the mass market, otherwise you'd see alot more laptop building threads around. If you're looking for a decent laptop for your sister just look into HP or Dell (I prefer HP), they have some decently priced laptops with nice features.

eh, i'd never get dell. Acer's are good. Her's is currently and acer and i must say its a great laptop, just a little out-dated.

I'm hoping that someone somewhere knows where to find the stuff i need, but even when i posted this, i half expected to get news like that.

Look in your newspaper for weekly ads at the major stores, like Office Depot and Circuit City or someplace for a cheap laptop. I've always, well my parents, have bought from Office Depot.

Back
Top Bottom