Two things

Status
Not open for further replies.
What operating system are we running on now?

Windows server 2003

David go in to the admin functions and go to the maint programs. Delete the current thread index and build a new one. I used to do this once a week but have been a little lax lately due to my odd hours. Buzz runs those when he does the backups. It helps.

Its a little more complicated than that, there are some faulting modules in php that cause a few errors among other things

TBH, I think the problem is a little more complicated than that...

I thikn that in all likelyhood it's possible that your servre is just doing far too much work, I mean all your sites run off the same server? all forums all using PHP/MySQL
that's a hell of a lot of data...

out of interest, how many databases are running on the server, and how big are those databases?

Well, something has to be done. I just tried to make a new thread in the general section 3 times and it never worked!! So I gave up.

If you want the forum to grow further and the members to stick around, it has to work properly.

Edit: David, if you don't know how to maintain forums properly and keep the site running smooth, then I suggest you get someone in here who does. Because it's apparent that the things you are doing aren't doing any good.

Well, something has to be done. I just tried to make a new thread in the general section 3 times and it never worked!! So I gave up.

If you want the forum to grow further and the members to stick around, it has to work properly.

Edit: David, if you don't know how to maintain forums properly and keep the site running smooth, then I suggest you get someone in here who does. Because it's apparent that the things you are doing aren't doing any good.
thats a bit harsh. he is a busy person. im sure it will be sorted eventually

Today from about noon til 7.30 this evening, I didn't receive one CF email, wheras I normally get dozens every day, 'spect it's connected to Tommy Boy's experience [see post 24]

Today from about noon til 7.30 this evening, I didn't receive one CF email, wheras I normally get dozens every day, 'spect it's connected to Tommy Boy's experience [see post 24]

I've still been getting emails. I've restarted the email service just to be on the safe side.

Ofcourse I know about maintaining servers, otherwise the site wouldn't be here. I will get it working though, just give me a chance.

Fair point about the upgrades, but that still hasnt solved the problem, has it?:)

My point was to show that I'm not just doing nothing, I am working on it.

TBH, I think the problem is a little more complicated than that...

I thikn that in all likelyhood it's possible that your servre is just doing far too much work, I mean all your sites run off the same server? all forums all using PHP/MySQL
that's a hell of a lot of data...

out of interest, how many databases are running on the server, and how big are those databases?

The server is not stressed in any way, cpu and memory are fine. The CF DB is ~420MB and is fully indexed so no problems them.

all i know is this forum is sure running fast right now, and it sure is nice! (it's 9:22pm u.s. central time on a sat night, so maybe that's why....fewer users maybe?). it's so much more enjoyable when it's running good with no error, and loads pages fast. i know it must be a lot of work trying to run it, so keep up the good work, and i'm sure you will continue to improve it's performance.

all i know is this forum is sure running fast right now, and it sure is nice! (it's 9:22pm u.s. central time on a sat night, so maybe that's why....fewer users maybe?). it's so much more enjoyable when it's running good with no error, and loads pages fast. i know it must be a lot of work trying to run it, so keep up the good work, and i'm sure you will continue to improve it's performance.
Hear hear!
victory.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom