For those waiting for X2800XTX

The reason why it isn't out yet: It's still having tweaks to be done to them and all that stuff. The GPU isn't 100% ready, so you can't really benchmark a fully working GPU and a Beta GPU.

For those of you that asked about prices
The ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT is poised to have a street price approximately the same as the GeForce 8800 GTS, which currently has a suggested retailer price of $449.

The reason why it isn't out yet: It's still having tweaks to be done to them and all that stuff. The GPU isn't 100% ready, so you can't really benchmark a fully working GPU and a Beta GPU.

I see your point, but i have a hard time seeing a card improve that much from a few tweaks.

WHile i'm happy to see my card hold its own, i'm going to wait and see what the final release does to those results before making a judgment.

nVIDIA's drivers suck. The last great Forceware driver was 66.93. After that they never matched the stability it offered. ATI's Catalyst is way better in terms of stability, at least now they are.

Yeah, the latest benchmarks aren't good. ATI needs to improve their DirectX 10 drivers more. The X2900 XTX should hand the 8800 GTX's ass to it. Another thing is that AMD/ATI has delayed the X2900 for far too long.
Well, the last experience I had with ATI's drivers was a while ago, so maybe they've improved.

screw the goddamn gaming benchmarks, 2900 OWNED IN 3D BENCHMARKS which is great news for me, because the next time I wont have to spend $2000 to get good workstation performance.

nvidia drivers definitely dont suck (imo) i dont see whats so bad, but maybe thats because i'm using the workstation drivers.

these are only four benchmarks, expect the picture to change a little when the cards are actually released (as soon as ati will finally release these nvidia will be hot on their trail with 8900 series and completely own ati)

not only are nvidia's cards faster, the goddamn company is too, ati is taking too long to release these.

Back
Top Bottom