Vista Or Xp ?

I have a dual boot, but rarely go into XP. I'm quite happy with Vista. I have had a few driver issues, but those were easy fixes.

I have a 3.4 Intell dual core. It's not the Core 2 Duo, but it has two cores. X1650 video card, some cheap audio card and a cheap tuner card. My dual monitors look fine. Everything loads quickly and the boot time is soooooo much faster than XP. It takes about a minute to boot in Vista WITH Media Center set to load on startup. XP takes 5 minutes with only the wireless mouse and keyboard software at startup. Oh. And Acrobat.

Although I have not tried Vista out yet, I still like XP because of the way i have it tweaked out...and the way I have it configured the way I like it.

I Will upgrade to Vista and check out what all the Hipe is about, but until Micro$oft works out the probs. they been having...

It's XP FTW...for now. I do like the style Vista has and I know it has potential, so i'll wait til then to get my copy.

i have not upgraded to vista and i hope i really don't any time soon LOL. i am perfectly fine with XP and all these problems people have posted about, i don't want to upgrade to vista.

mixx what dirvers have they been having? virtually the only problems are driver issues where are not their fault.

im still to have any driver issues... or any issues with vista, and ive had it for over 2 months now.. it hasnt crashed on me once.. which i couldnt say about xp... that crashed a hellalot..

I did find one driver issue with my printer, it's not supported even though the upgrade adviser said it would be. HP won't be releasing the drivers until July at the earliest, I'm a little disappointed with HP in the fact they have almost none of their laserjet vista drivers ready.

xp becuase i just dont like vista (im dual booting but vista is a beta but its like the full version, i have never hit any limitations) and vista doesnt seem as secure and it looks too much like a mac (VERY BAD)

been using vista since february and like it. only setback was that i had to wait for dell to get my printer driver out which took 2 months, and had to wait for verizon w/msn premium to offer the latest version of mcafee antivirus so i could use it for free with my subscription, but that's about it, and it's all fixed now. seems to run fast,,,,runs just fine with my configuration listed below.....

Back
Top Bottom