Post Counts

Starr

Daemon Poster
Get rid of them. All they do is encourage people to post useless things so they can get their count up. Instead reputation points should be the only way to distinguish between the different "ranks." You just need to heavily promote the reputation points....

removing the post count in the social lounge i can kind of agree with, but not overall. its a record of the amount of posts people have made. if people post useless spam all the time they get banned so its all good

This has been brought up as many times as the custom AV's, and I can tell you it's not going to happen. Post counts will stay.

I don't think post counts are bad. What I do think is bad is when people think more post counts makes you better. It is not about the post counts. All those posts could be like...

!!1LOLMFAO!!!11!!!eleven!!11

That is why I don't think it matters how many posts you have. It's how many helpful and relevant posts you have.

just because every once in a while some-one comes in only caring about post counts does'nt mean we should get rid of them.

When i look at post counts, i see it as a thing of respect. when I see a high count, i see a member who puts time into the forum to help others, nothing else.

just because every once in a while some-one comes in only caring about post counts does'nt mean we should get rid of them.

When i look at post counts, i see it as a thing of respect. when I see a high count, i see a member who puts time into the forum to help others, nothing else.

I totally agree, when i see a high post count its showing me that this person is spending alto of time trying to help people or socializing with other members. I think that is nice and should be encouraged providing there not stupid post answers like "yes" "no" "ha ha" one word replies that are not worth even posting.

yeah post counts are a real way of recognising someone who has contributed a lot to the forum although it dosent instantly mean someone knows more cos they have a high post count

Back
Top Bottom