Question about CPU speed (ghz) between p4, core2duo

okay, you can think that way. But once you start comparing apples to apples you will then see a dual core come out ahead. There is no doubt that dual cores are faster than a single core, if that wasn't the case, why would companies be wasting their time? Why don't they just keep increasing the clock speed and architecture to keep up with the speed demand?

dual core will beat single core in LESS than a heartbeat :D

ace what cpu do you got lets do a "head on head" i got a 1.9ghz dual core brisbane 3600+ run super pi 1mil and tell me your times mine will beat yours hands down :D

also P4's have less cache than C2D's

Do the Core2Duo also use less energy and not get as hot?
Thank you all for taking the time out to answer my questions!

yep the whole archtiture is alot cooler than the Pentium 4 one, 40% faster cooler as intel claims.

Well, C2D has two cores each running at 1.86ghz as well. So an overclocked E6700 running at like 4ghz would be comparable to like a 9ghz P4 correct? Sounds extreme but thats what I thought it might be.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

okay, you can think that way. But once you start comparing apples to apples you will then see a dual core come out ahead. There is no doubt that dual cores are faster than a single core, if that wasn't the case, why would companies be wasting their time? Why don't they just keep increasing the clock speed and architecture to keep up with the speed demand?

can i add to this that maybe the school macs have less ram or a worse spec ram than your p4 , that would explain some of the reason why yours may be slightly better and as he said windows runs in a comletely different way to macs do a comparrison on two diff systems running same gpu same hard drive simmilar ram but a p4 and a c2d then you would see the real difference

ace your sounding like a retard
dual core beats single core no prob
comps at school most likely have between 256/512 mb of ram
wat do u have 1 gig?
if u were to run a virus scan on the same comp except for the prossesor
the core2duo would kick the p4 ass
i would bet my life on it

Back
Top Bottom