Honestly like your opinion

xcomputer

Baseband Member
Hello Ladies and gents, been looking to build a fairly decent computer for games for quiet some time now. Can you please tell me wat you think and if there is any advice or changes need to be made to my list ii be happy to look into it. my budget is $2000 australia dollars so roughly $1,654.92 USD.

This is the List,
-Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Processor 4MB L2 Cache 2.40 GHz Clock Speed !

-Asus Commando MotherBoard, Socket LGA775, QuadCore CPU, Intel® P965!

-Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4D 2GB (2x XMS2 1GB), Twin2X PC-6400 DDR2 RAM, 2x240-pin DIMMs, Non ECC Unbuffered 4-4-4-12 !

- Inno3D GeForce 8800GTS Overclocked 640MB 320-bit DDR3 Dual DVI HDTV PCI Express X16 interface Fan 570MHz Core Clock 1800MHz Memory Clock

- Thermaltake Tough Power 600W with Active PFC 14cm Ball Bearing Fan

- Case Gigabyte Aurora 570 which i already bought.

in Total $ is 2000 even

I Know that nvidia 680 is good 4 SLI but how about if you dont want to SLI now but later in the future would it be a better investment then the commando P965 and go with the Asus P5N32-E SLI M/board - LGA 775, 680i SLI which is 5 dollar extra.

2nd i know that the lower the latancey on ram the faster is be. for example the G.Skill 2GB(1GB x 2) PC2-6400 DDR2 4-4-3-5 Dual Channel which is better on paper then the corsair but is it really?And is a 100 dollars cheaper. Just need abit of help in this development. Everytime i ask someone they tell me a different story. I just it to see it on paper Which manfacture, timing and etc is better when it comes to ram.

3rd but not Least power supply most important when it comes to computers get a rubbish one and you know you can yes bye bye to your computer. I went with the thermaltake due to customer reviews and rep to the manfacture. Plus there is not alot of tests & pro reviews out there. So if you got a website send it over or already know what best tell me the story. i want it between 550watts - 650 watts.

if you know any good links to benchmarks beside tomshardware copy and paste. :)
THank for your time lol sorry didnt mean to write a essay. CHEERS

get the DFI P965-S instead of the Commando, ASUS boards are slow, especially their Striker board. Don't get the Thermaltake, get a Corsair HX620, or an Ultra X-pro/X3

Back
Top Bottom