New project

D-Lew

Fully Optimized
Well, as some of you might know I've been playing electric guitar for a little while. I wanted to throw something else into the mix, so I thought I'd get a pedal. Well, I don't really feel like ordering one, so I looked around and found a website giving out free schematics for pedals. So here I am building a stompbox from a bunch of parts from Radio Shack and a Texas Instruments 4049 IC. It's kinda fun and when I finish it, it will be so much more satisfying than buying one. Pretty interesting stuff. Here's what I have so far, most of the "fabrication" is done but it needs some TLC I guess, it isn't very fancy right now.
DSC01472.jpg

The two pots at the top are for gain and tone I guess, the thing on the bottom is an on/off push button with an led.

I still need to figure out how to mount the 1/4" input jacks though, I'm having a little problem with those since they are perfectly flat around the edges and don't have a mechanism to lock them to a plate very easily like the switch and potentiometers do. They need to fit into the sides of the box. What do I do? :confused:

Maybe I could get 2 washers for the threaded part and use them like a clamp but I'd bet there's too much slack in a washer to work like that in this situation.

Everything else is pretty much covered so if you guys have any ideas or think you could help, go for it. I'll post more pics if you need them. (Might take a while though since my up speed is 0k, lol)

super glue them :)

but a better idea; on my guitar, the input jacks are actually screwed on there i think.

but as you can see in this pic, there are actually screw holes on the side which u can use to screw it to the side or something. i dono

EB6324.jpg

Yeah, those would be nice. Mine probably weren't meant to be mounted to something. But they are threaded and I'm going to try to get a small nut and a washer today and I think I can manage it. Thanks.

Hey I used one of theose black plastic project box's for making a couple of buzzers for a game show school project once!

Well Brian May had a homemade guitar and John Deacon built a homemade amp for him, and that turned out alright :)

I'd still prefer to buy, though - better quality TBH.

I'm going to get a Boss distortion pedal one of these days, but this is cheaper for the time being.

anyways, the guitar jack posted is a stereo jack. You want a mono jack. those aren't screw holes, they are where you hook up the wire. the jack is attached with the nut around the top of it.

Back
Top Bottom