Lifetime

dynoman

Baseband Member
So I have a e6600 at stock speed, 8800gts@stockspeed, 2x1gb corsair xms2 675/5400. Does anyone know the approximate lifetime of each hardware if I overclock at a certain point?

Lifetime
e6600@3.2ghz:?
8800gts@?:?
corsair@?:?

well if it stilll runs stable after u oc then i would say the lifesapn should only be decreased a year or so. but like if it doesnt have major problems, any cpu can last at least 10 years.

ur pretty up late.:cool:

Lifetime? As far as I know as long as you do it properly with sufficient cooling to make up for the additional heat the life of the components shouldn't be affected much at all. Anyways, it's really hard to judge how long a component will last even w/o overclocking, they'll last you long enough until your next upgrade I suspect.

Lifetime? As far as I know as long as you do it properly with sufficient cooling to make up for the additional heat the life of the components shouldn't be affected much at all. Anyways, it's really hard to judge how long a component will last even w/o overclocking, they'll last you long enough until your next upgrade I suspect.

I'm with you on this. You shouldn't have much of a problem as long as you monitor your temps and make sure everything isn't extreme. They should easily last till your next upgrade. After all a cpu isn't good for more than a few years. With the price drop i'm already thinking about selling my mobo/cpu and just buying a quad core.

I just did my first overclock and have my e6600@3.29ghz.
These are my settings in the bios.
Clock Ratio:9x
Frequency:366mhz
cpu vcore voltage: 1.45

do this settings sound right?

My idle temps with intel tat:
Core0:33-35C
Core1:32-35C

Im running two prime95(one for each core)
temps:
core0:56C
core1:55C

does everything sound right?

Back
Top Bottom