Best overclocking motherboard for C2D?

Well 1000mhz RAM is a little prisy I think. I am getting the 650i and G. Skill ddr2 800 RAM.

Only thing is this, that MSI board has north and south bridges that run hot. Could this be a problem with oveclocking?

yes, if you aren't willing to buy an aftermarket cooler. Why not the DFI P965-S? It is better for overclocking in everyway compared to the MSI.

Well, the MSI should be able to overclock well, one of the reviewers got his E4300 to 3ghz. And it has 2 slots so I can get a physics card sometime if games start to support that, idk. It's a really hard decision. I dont know if I will ever use the physics slot. Or sli. I will keep looking. The P965 is the best for overclocking tho?

pretty much anything, SLi, Crossfire, RAID card, TV tuner, Ethernet card, sound card, etc.

Well, the MSI should be able to overclock well, one of the reviewers got his E4300 to 3ghz. And it has 2 slots so I can get a physics card sometime if games start to support that, idk. It's a really hard decision. I dont know if I will ever use the physics slot. Or sli. I will keep looking. The P965 is the best for overclocking tho?

A few things:
1) Don't rely on newegg reviews. Get good reviews.
2) Smart guys have been giving you good advice, listen to it and appreciate it, don't blow them off.
3) Wait a little longer than an hour if no one replies to your post.
4) The physics slot/SLI slots are investments for the future. An easy upgrade in the future.
5) My $.02 on the motherboard: Look into the S3/DS3 series.

Oh, cool, so I could do SLI even without an sli board, even tho I wouldn't do SLI. I think that board is the one that i would want to get. Than maybe if I ever need to I could get a physics card. I just want to be a lil more future proof, lol, future proof...

And sorry about not waiting long for responces.

Overclocking is not all about chipset and luck of the draw. If you don't have an extensive BIOS, you will have to spend time doing volt mods and the likes, which require soldering. DFI has the most extensive BIOS out of all other motherboard manufacturers. Thats why they are so good at overclocking.

Back
Top Bottom