Two things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think location has anything to do with it, I live in the US and I'm still getting errors

Location wouldn't have anything to do with DB errors or whatever.

I've been getting a few lately too, more and more problems since the upgrade. :(

IMO, every thread before the start of this year should be achieved to a static page where it can't be updated any more,

removing a few thousand threads from the database should clear up a few things!

First the database was off again today. Didn't last long. Working now.
Second I made a post just a few ago and when I clicked the post button it went to a white screen and sat there. I clicked refresh and got the thanks for posting and was redirected out to the index. My post was nowhere to be seen.
Next time you get the white screen, click "back" instead of refresh, you may have to do it 3 or 4 times, but I find it eventually goes, now "Database Error" is a pig it'll never shift, when all this is going to be ended, I'm buggered if I know, some mornings, I almost give up!

Ive had this happening for at least a month now, nothing seems to get done about it tho.:confused:

Nothing gets done? What have I upgraded? webserver software, database software, vbulletin, php

I'm not entirely sure, but are we not on some cheap server in Texas or something? Be good to have one closer to home.. preferably in the UK..

It is not a cheap server. Why is everyone under this impression?

Most of our users are in the US so why have one in the uk? UK prices are more expensive anyway

Nothing gets done? What have I upgraded? webserver software, database software, vbulletin, php

It is not a cheap server. Why is everyone under this impression?

Most of our users are in the US so why have one in the uk? UK prices are more expensive anyway
true. it may not be a cheap server but it seems to be unreliable. maybe consider changing :)

yeah i would try a linux server , something drastic has to be done , i understand you are doing all you can david and also i understand it isnt just gonna get better overnight it takes time to fix things up good luck

IMO, every thread before the start of this year should be achieved to a static page where it can't be updated any more,

removing a few thousand threads from the database should clear up a few things!

David go in to the admin functions and go to the maint programs. Delete the current thread index and build a new one. I used to do this once a week but have been a little lax lately due to my odd hours. Buzz runs those when he does the backups. It helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom