HDD “Status Bad” !!! Please Help !!!

Thank you all for your help.

(i had made 2 threads about 2 different problems yesterday, one was the virus problem that i wasnt able to delite, its in my first post, and the other one was this.)

Before going to bed I download the new antivirus program called “ca antivirus” & “Spyware Detector 2.0” I then run both of them in a safe mode. Today when I gat up in the morning the Spyware found a bunch of problems that my other spyware programs never found (I used spybot & ad-aware before) and antivirus found one, I then removed them all, and restarted the comp. To my surprise the error that I had b4 with the hdd on the boot up error msg “3rd hdd SMART haz error – back up all the data and replace” was gone, and when I gat to windows I didn't have any virus notifications. I only had 5 minutes to mess with it coz I was running late for work, but by the first looks of it, everything is back to normal. I will do some more tests when I get home

Just a warning that even though a HD's SMART status can return to normal values, their still was a problem, and still is a problem.

Most places will give you a replacement if you have a smart error.

Every drive i've seen with a smart error has in the next few months experienced major problems. Also you should NEVER have a raid 0 array without a complete backup of the array at all times.

well thanks for the heads up, i will deff do a scan when i get home. And i have exturnal HDD 500G that contain all my major files, just incase if the hdd fails.

so PC Check 6 and the WS-dig error fix programs would be the best to try right?

Back
Top Bottom