Just wondering...

Status
Not open for further replies.
unless you can prove that, i'll belive Brookfields original post here saying that was not the reson.

What did he do to get the 24 hour ban?
ArrizX told him he was giving him it to reflect on his behaviour, but if he was still posting too many unnecessary ones when he reurned, he'd PB him, [about 6 or 7 hours to go, by my reckoning]

ive been here long enough to know that some people just didnt want him on here so he got banned his posts werent rude or offensive ok some of them might of been unhelpful but hasnt everyone made unhelpful posts from time to time.
my proof is this if he posted that he had such and such number of posts he would of got banned but anyone else can type any kind of stuff they like without getting banned it's a mild kind of bullying and when he got banned the first time when he got back after his ban all the people that disliked him were hounded around him waiting for him to slip up.
it's out of order totally.

Matt

ArrizX told him he was giving him it to reflect on his behaviour, but if he was still posting too many unnecessary ones when he reurned, he'd PB him, [about 6 or 7 hours to go, by my reckoning]

thanks for clearing that up.

ive been here long enough to know that some people just didnt want him on here so he got banned his posts werent rude or offensive ok some of them might of been unhelpful but hasnt everyone made unhelpful posts from time to time.
my proof is this if he posted that he had such and such number of posts he would of got banned but anyone else can type any kind of stuff they like without getting banned it's a mild kind of bullying and when he got banned the first time when he got back after his ban all the people that disliked him were hounded around him waiting for him to slip up.
it's out of order totally.

Matt

Yes, everyone has made un-helpful posts before, but thats not the reson he was banned the first time. He was baned because like 95% of his 2xx posts were spamish.

I see both sides of the argument tbh, mods dont want people spamming and making the forum look untidy and getting irritated, but yes he is alowed to post, no doubt some of his posts were ok like said before its not the quantity its the quality.

yeah but he did change when he came back he hasnt posted hardly any spam and he has tried to be helpful.

Matt

From a NooB perspective furby sure gets a lot more attention than he deserves. He seems to thrive on the attention. ignoring might be easier.

Let me explain, in the banned members list that mods can access there are several variations, all obviously derived from furby, so it is pretty obvious that they are the same guy, not getting back because he was wrongly PB'd, we'd have looked into that, but, I believe he is a numero uno mischief maker, not because he uses obscene language, he doesn't, but that he actually enjoys being an irritant [it takes all sorts]
You'll probably ask why we can't just ban his IP, we can't because each time he registers he's allotted a different IP

Other contributors to this thread please note.

You talk shite. You don't get "allotted a different IP" every time you sign up, your IP is assigned by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), and this may or may not be static.

Anyway, back in my days in Moderator Ivory Towers, I do seem to remember a Mr Rainbow and Mr Lindon both saying IPs are not to be used as a method of identifying potential duplicate accounts due to the ambiguity involved. This, I believe, Mr Lindon was intending to incorporate into the unwritten moderator rule book.

Other contributors to this thread please note. What exactly? That you know absolutely nothing about what you're talking about, and that you're talking abject bollocks? Oh, we noted that ages ago.

OK... Furby123 will be back in a matter of hours...

if you don't like him, I suggest that you all just try to accept him.

if any one bullies and harasses him then I'll give then a short term ban. (not a warning or a threat -it's a promise).

we have a thread in the suggestions section about how we can get more people to join this community, well numero uno idea would be to actually accept new members, regardless of their age, and don't hound them...

to be perfectly honest if I came to this forum and that was the first thing I saw about how new members were treated then I wouldn't be inclined to stay around too much either...

it's somewhere in the rules that if you actually think that you are a good long standing member then you should act like that... that involves not harassing newbie members.

so far as the multiple accounts thing goes... the jury is still out, mostly because I don't really think that any investigation has been mounted in earnest. but there are a lot of accounts from the same IP pool that have very similar names as Brookfield said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom