Best overclocking motherboard for C2D?

That's incorrect. You can only have one monitor with SLI. If there's multiple graphics cards, just not in SLI, then you can have more monitors.

Is G. Skill a good brand for RAM? Because other than mail in rebates, thats the cheapest one by far that is ddr2 800. I am looking for 2gb dual channel kit.

taht g-skill looks good. Stay away from teh Corsair dominator. any other Corsair ram is good, but i've seen so many DOA and RMA's of those its not even funny anymore.

I am getting that, along with the MSI motherboard, unless I find something better, and in June or July, an 8800GTS 320mb. Anyone have any idea when the release date for crysis is? Cause I wont really need an 8 series until than I guess.

I've got my E6300 to 2.97 Ghz stable on my D975BX2, until the mobo decided that it would never post again. My OC was mobo limited though, you should be able to push it farther, unless you get a lemon.

cabbspapp, your motherboard is not a dud. 400+ FSB for a 975x is good already. With low multiplier cpus, you need a P965, they will do 500-550 FSB easily. The 680i stops at roughly 500. And with 500FSB, you want 1000mhz RAM to run 1:1 at the least. I recommend DFI P965-S and Crucial Ballistix DDR-1000

Back
Top Bottom