Best overclocking motherboard for C2D?

its got 3 pci x16 i think
so u can have both =)
sli as of right now dosnt do much unless u want really high reslolution
very few games/programs can take control of sli
and use its power

Cool. I think I am sure that is the motherboard I am going with. Only disapointment is that it only supports 8gb of Ram, and ram amounts are increasing vey quickly. My vurrent one supports 16gbs, but I think by the time I have 8gbs of RAM, I'll be getting a new mobo.
Would I find a big difference between ddr2 667 and ddr2 800 RAM? I dont know if I should sell my current RAM with my mobo and get some new ddr2 800 as well. I dont want to, but idk how much of a difference it will make.

With an E6300, DDR667 is fine. The only thing I'd worry about is it holding you back in overclocking.

Believe me, you won't be using more than 8 GB of RAM anytime soon.

some one said it before, but the 680's are great for OC'ing. if you're getting a 650, take a look at the one by evga. I love their quality and lifetime warranty. I've never really had good luck with MSI products so that kinda turns me away from thier equivilent.

That MSI had top ratings tho. The others didnt and were getting a little out of my range. Anyway, whatever I get it will be better than my ECS 570.

get 800 deff better or over clock ram
oh and if u run sli u can have 4 monitors
4 dvi ports

and u wont need more then 8 for a while
i mean right now the standered is 1 gig 2 for gamers
so ya ull be needeing a new pc by then

No, in SLI the ports on the other card are disabled, so you could only have 2 monitors.

Back
Top Bottom