Can you downgrade Vista?

Thelis

Golden Master
Hey guys,

I am getting a new laptop with Vista Business on it. Is it possible to downgrade that to Home Premium for free, or do I have to buy Home Premium if I want to install that?

Thanks,
T

Hey guys,

I am getting a new laptop with Vista Business on it. Is it possible to downgrade that to Home Premium for free, or do I have to buy Home Premium if I want to install that?

Thanks,
T

I have never heard of anyone 'downgrading' an operating system to act like a cheaper version. To my knowledge it is not possible, you will have to buy Home Premium.

no it's not possible to reverse an upgrade (well not easily, meaning probably beyond what you or i are capable of doing). but yeah, i don't blame you for wanting XP instead of Vista.

no it's not possible to reverse an upgrade (well not easily, meaning probably beyond what you or i are capable of doing). but yeah, i don't blame you for wanting XP instead of Vista.

Well, I do not want to downgrade to XP, just Vista Home Premium.

nope,,,can't do it...i talked to microsoft on the phone because i have vista business also, but wanted home premium....can't downgrade....have to go up to ultimate from business edition....

Wow... it's almost as if microsoft wants to cheat us out of money just so that they can create another OS that people will spend even more money thus upping the trust funds of CEOs by a good 12 mil... Nahh....

biss is the same as home premuim with more isnt it?
also there always the illgal way =)

Well business doesn't have WMC.Big loss, I know... *tear*, no but seriously, I want to burn DVDs and Business can't do that.

yeah, business edition doesn't have the dvd maker in it...only home premium and ultimate have it...that's what i want also. i would like to be able to take my home movies from my camcorder, put them onto the computer and make a movie in movie maker, and then burn it onto a dvd,,,,but can't with business edition. i'm gonna have to break down and buy nero 7 or something similar to make my dvd movies with.

Back
Top Bottom