Best overclocking motherboard for C2D?

superman22x

Golden Master
What is the best motherboard for overclocking the E6300? I am looking at new motherboards, and I am thinking of going with a 650i. An MSI branded one at that. But I want to look at some of the best overclocking motherboards for the E6300. I have aircooling now and I want to get it to a higher speed than 1.93ghz.

id say if u got the money got the nvidia 680i mother u can over clock like crazy on that
also if u got money go for the 6400 as it has 4mb of catch instead of 2 but if u don the 650i is a great bord as well
id recomend u buy from evga great customer support

id say if u got the money got the nvidia 680i mother u can over clock like crazy on that
also if u got money go for the 6400 as it has 4mb of catch instead of 2 but if u don the 650i is a great bord as well
id recomend u buy from evga great customer support

The E6400 has a 2MB cache, the E6420 has 4MB

I thought the 680i chipset ran hot, which would be a bad for overclocking

no it dosnt get that hot the older moddel runs hot but the newwer one runs just fine with better cooling

The Asus P5B line (P965 chipset) is pretty good in my experience. I've gotten the E6600 to 3.8 GHz stable with a Tuniq Tower.

I am not buying a new processor. I already have an E6300. I am buying a new motherboard. I want something around $130-$150. Are teh 650is good for overclocking? I have ddr2 667 Ram right now, will that cause any problems? And can the 650i boards over clock almost as well as say a, P965?

it sounds like a hood buy for for it great over clockers
get the zalman kooler with artic silver and ull get to 3 ghz

I have an aftermarket cooler, but not the zalman, it was offbrand but had great reviews. I am getting an MSI 650i I think. I will never use SLI cause I have 2 monitors, but I will get a physics card for the second slot sometime.

Back
Top Bottom