Virus Problem !!!

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
About 3 days ago my Symantec antivirus Corp Edition “Auto Protect” had found a virus on my computer. It then quarantined it or deleted, I can't recall. Now every time I restart my computer it would always find some kind of a virus/Trojan right after the windows loads, the “Auto Protect” finds it, and it then removes it.

I did a full virus scan, I think it found 1-2 items, it then removed/quarantined it, but every time I restart the comp it would always find some kind of viruses/Trojans in the begging.

I now have pop up's every time I use the explorer, the pop up's that I get are different websites that offer antivirus protection.

1st Name of the virus/Trojan: InfoStealer

Filename: 1st rhtabpry.dll
2nd fndjbhjc.dll
Where it finds it: C: Documents & Settings/User/Local Settings/Temp/

2nd Name of the virus/Trojan: WinFixer

Filename: WinAntiVirusPro2007freeinstall{1}.cab

Things I tried to Fix/Remove this:

1st Full Anti Virus Scan
2nd tried 2 types of addaware removers
3rd. tried System restore (not working)
4th tried disabling all non important programs on startup (only firewall and antivirus left)
5th Deleted all cookies/files/web history in the internet explore.
6th Did a disc cleanup

Please advice on how to fix this.

Thanks

i got the same popup annoying thing on my 'family computer' and i cant figure out y either ???? i tried anti spyware windows defender anti virus and nothing will stop it except for one thing ... changin you web browser to maxthon which i didnt really want to do at first but as i dnt really use the 'family computer' i did and it has turned out pretty well it blocks all popups and seems to know wen u want one to come up . e.g if u click a link , although this is not a fix for the problem so... if n e 1 has a fix i wud be greatfull as i like to use IE

i tryed the spybot yesterday, it removed something...il try it again today.

Question, someone told me this:

"virus hide in the systems restore option...turn it off for now...once you system is clean you can put it back..if you want..
(when you turn it off-make shore the directory where it stores things is gone..)
Iv seen virus in it that wont let the system erase the restore directory..(infected)
Use startup to see for odd programs loading at startup..
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
Spybot has one built in -under advance options..startup"

I found where i can turn it off, but where do i find the folder that i need to delite for the system restore?

No, didnt havetime, i only started messing with it yesterday night, and now i am at work, but i will do it today.

i gat a bunch of suggestions from people that i will try once i get home.

If you were me in what order would u try to solve this problem? like just to break it down for me to save time maybe...

Just do everything you mentioned in your first post, but do it from safe mode this time. Hopefully that will prevent anything from executing itself again. Maybe run hijackthis aswell.

Back
Top Bottom