whats harder???????

Haku Mioje

Daemon Poster
ok just wondering what is harder to program, java or c++, im learing how to program in VB and i know very little in c++ but was wondering what was harder, im putting it into a poll to see what you think please post why though

Personally...

I think, syntax is similar, methods are similar, they are basically the same,

if I had to say which was more worthwhile learning then I'd say C++, that's cause I'm old school

Having studied both at university (Java first) I would definately say that c++ is harder. There are several concepts that Java hides from the programmer (pointers being the most useful obvious one). Java is much better as a language when you are learning to program because you can write very clean neat code and make use of a huge number of classes and methods from the java API (also multi-threaded applications are easier in Java). However, that said C++ would still be my language of choice. It is much more powerful and enables much faster executing code. It is far more suited to computer graphics with opengl, which is my area so I'm probably biased.

C++ is the harder language but it is a lot more advanced and you can do a lot more with it compared to JAVA (or any langauage to be quite fair)

JAVA is jus a simpler version of C++, and C++ is just a C souped up and C is just a language made so that older, harder cumbersome languages like FORTRAN and ASSEMBLER dont need to be used (and because it was made for *NIX OSES)

I've tried to learn C++ numerous times and it's very hard. I think java is much easier. They both have a similar syntax with the curly braces but C++ seems to be a little bit more advanced.

Java: Forces you into an OO-paradigm, forces you to do things in a certain way, hides the nuts and bolts from you. Bloated and slow due to the fact the code runs in a VM and not off the CPU.

C++: Hideously complicated, comes with one-trillion different ways to do the same thing, but you can build your programs as you like and can hack around problems relatively easy. Much faster than Java.

The syntax is reasonably similar for the most part.

I've looked a little bit into Java but it deifnantly looks easier then C++. I would still rather go with C++ because it is much much faster then Java and more powerful.

Back
Top Bottom