1 Major thing Windows Vista is missing is.....

daabomb2002

Beta member
windows vista is missing an antivirus program. and it's not anticompetitive cuz vista already has a 2 way firewall and antispyware.

Well, I think what he mean's is if they have a firewall & anti-spyware system's, then why dont they inculde a anti-virus to make it complete?

But like what has been said, no windows OS has ever come with AV so why bother now? MS do an AV solution called live onecare, but it aint free.

They didn't put in an anti-virus because if they did they would get sued out of their butts. The only reason they got away with the firewall and the anti-spyware is because the companies that make them for profits don't have enough money to keep up with MS in a sue fest.

They didn't put in an anti-virus because if they did they would get sued out of their butts. The only reason they got away with the firewall and the anti-spyware is because the companies that make them for profits don't have enough money to keep up with MS in a sue fest.

YA they would get sued for a monoply just like they got sued for putting IE with their os's and making it hard to change to a different web browser.

just like they got sued for putting IE with their os's and making it hard to change to a different web browser.

to me it doesn't make much sense. If they didn't include internet explorer with windows then how would you get onto the internet to download a browser?

just saying LOL.

There's a ton of after market AV programs why would MS waste there time on it.................
Firewall is needed because of confidentiality and privacy issues (can we say liability?).

to me it doesn't make much sense. If they didn't include internet explorer with windows then how would you get onto the internet to download a browser?

just saying LOL.

Not the fact that its on there, just a bitch to get rid of I've just left my IE on to save problems with anything...

Back
Top Bottom