help booting labtop!

lerner1

In Runtime
hello i have a dell pentium 3 labtop with microsoft windows 2000 professional and i have recently installed system mechanics professional 6 and i went to the registry fixer in system mechanics and ran the startup registry compactor and now i get a blue screen on startup does anyone know how i can fix this like a boot disk or something i realy need your help, and the labtop dosent have a cd drive just flopy

bump

the blue screen says "system cannot load the hive (file): \systemRoot\System32\Config\SOFTWARE

is anyway i can overwrite this corrupted file with a new one ?

no. just reinstall windows. you have a big problem if you dont have a cd drive.

and its spelled laptop. not labtop.

okay this is exactly what happened, i installed system mechanics proffesional 6.0 on a dell labtop that has microsoft windows 2000 professional installed after i installed system mechanics i ran a program in system mechanics that is syspose to compact and refrag the registry so then it asked me to restart my computer witch i did then once the computer restarted it has a message that said checking file syatem on c: type fat32 then i let that ran and it resulted in a blue screen that said STOP: c0000218 {registry file failure}
the registry cannot load the hive (file) \systemROOT\system32\Config\SOFTWARE, i tried booting everything in safe mode but nuthing works it still runs the same process and results in the same message

I would just do a clean install. It will be alot quicker than trying to sort the registry out.

i have tried replaceing corrupt files (Like the Explorer.exe and various DLL's) and just does not work.I agree with raffaz,just do a clean install.

I have learned the hard way also, if you don't know what your doing with the regristry, then its best not to mess with it.

i would do a clean install but there are 2 problems 1. i dont have a cd drive.2 i dont have the install software but i do have a ipod so is there any way to download the software then boot from the ipod?

Back
Top Bottom