modifying lawnmower engine...

yeah, its a bolt on directly to the exhaust valve, so that would create issues with crap getting in the engine, but we might rig something...

edit- and yeah that is the throttle and the scree is the idle adjust. any idea what the rpm could be?

you can just take metal pipe with threads on the end and screw that into the exhaust valve, thats what i did on my ghetto racing gocart, on my real one we have a bolt on straight pipe which creates a vacum to suck the exhaust out of the engine, anyway...

the idle should be around 2k maybe a bit less, peak would be around 4k or something in that area

I run my lawnmower on alcohol. I run myself on alcohol too but don't mention that to the wife because she is yet to discover my drinking habits.

OK, here we go. :D
You were waiting for this, weren't you?

Step 1. Know what you are doing ;)
Wish I could take a look at it for you. Once you've got that down:

Step 2. Cold air intake
Step 3. Straight Pipe exhaust
Step 4. NOS!!!!!!!!!!!! or VTEC. Either one will be awesome. :D

Yeah, if you need any more help, post up pics and we could help you out a lot more. Other than that it's just poking around that engine that will tell you what you need to do. I imagine your throttle control (if it's anything like my lawnmower) is the slider with the rabbit and turtle on it, other than that it's just gearing. The torx screw is most likely a set screw for the idle. It should keep the throttle from closing completely, which would be the spring loaded lever arm on the carb.

OK, here we go. :D
You were waiting for this, weren't you?

Step 1. Know what you are doing ;)
Wish I could take a look at it for you. Once you've got that down:

Step 2. Cold air intake
Step 3. Straight Pipe exhaust
Step 4. NOS!!!!!!!!!!!! or VTEC. Either one will be awesome. :D

Yeah, if you need any more help, post up pics and we could help you out a lot more. Other than that it's just poking around that engine that will tell you what you need to do. I imagine your throttle control (if it's anything like my lawnmower) is the slider with the rabbit and turtle on it, other than that it's just gearing. The torx screw is most likely a set screw for the idle. It should keep the throttle from closing completely, which would be the spring loaded lever arm on the carb.

screw that, thats going on my new lawn mower.....

they did indeed, i believe it was the first episode? dont quote me on that, lol it was a while ago...

but hey wood_workur if you ever need help finding parts, or figuring out what goes where, lemme know

Back
Top Bottom