Ideas

One of the forums im a member of have a poll every three months. You get an award for best member, best advisor etc. The members vote for you and then the winner gets a little badge with the award on.:)

Now and again they have competitions for books etc aswell.

Thats just the thing i was trying to get accross Raffaz its a good thing in my book:)

One of the forums im a member of have a poll every three months. You get an award for best member, best advisor etc. The members vote for you and then the winner gets a little badge with the award on.:)

Now and again they have competitions for books etc aswell.
That would be a good idea to recognize current members, but I don't know if it would attract new members.

By competitions for books, etc. do you mean that if you win you get a book or something for a reward?

I agree completely, i think if folks used image sig's here you could avoid the problem of this place being used as a hosting site if you just could upload a sig by URL and make the dimensions pretty small for sigs about like these.

DavidLindon.jpg

Brookfield.jpg

I even made one for ole Furby!
Furby123.jpg

But i also agree with you Root about how things like that could never be implemented perfectly...there would always be Asshats who would abuse it....but i think Contests would be really cool.
Hey thats cool,

thanks!!

David

DavidLindon.jpg

That would be a good idea to recognize current members, but I don't know if it would attract new members.

By competitions for books, etc. do you mean that if you win you get a book or something for a reward?
One of the sites i use has members who are authors, and now and again they give away signed copies of their books.

Hey thats cool,

thanks!!

David

DavidLindon.jpg
These are also allowed on the other site:)

I agree completely, i think if folks used image sig's here you could avoid the problem of this place being used as a hosting site if you just could upload a sig by URL and make the dimensions pretty small for sigs about like these.

DavidLindon.jpg

Brookfield.jpg

I even made one for ole Furby!
Furby123.jpg

But i also agree with you Root about how things like that could never be implemented perfectly...there would always be Asshats who would abuse it....but i think Contests would be really cool.
those are really neat and would be sweet if they could be implemented here, but you would have to write up a tutorial on how to make them(cause I don't know how) or you could make them for everyone lol :D

ya, on another forum I saw this one guy that had a bunch of those that rotated through them, so he had like intel user, nvidia user and it changed every couple seconds thats pretty cool, but idk how he did it
Yeah, thats exactly what ive got, ive even got a kebab lover one in mine:)

ya, on another forum I saw this one guy that had a bunch of those that rotated through them, so he had like intel user, nvidia user and it changed every couple seconds thats pretty cool, but idk how he did it
It's just a gif animation AFAIK.

And that's a cool idea with the books. Given, I don't think we have any authors here, but I bet we can think of something original.

Buzz put a new look to our place and awhile back we split up some of the sections and merged others. Things that didn't get used or used often had to go.
Problem with that is when you merge sections you get a jumble of slightly off topic threads. And if you split things up like our hard and soft sections you have to run through both and put the subjects where they belong. Place like this would take a lot of work.

Back
Top Bottom