Please Help me big problem

gangster

BSOD
Yesterday I reinstalled windows xp on my computer but the screen is all messed up. My computer boots up normal and and stuff like that but when it get to my disktop part it messes up. The screen is faded with a whole bunch of diffrent colores someone please help me. Thanks :(

Can you boot into safe mode? If you can then its a graphics driver issue.

yeah a graphics card issue , could be overheating also could be a resoloution or refresh rate problem , my friend changed his refresh rate so high once so he couldnt get into the desktop as his tft didnt even display his refresh rate

roght click my computer click hardware and device manager if im right there may be a bright exclamation mark next to your video drivers if so get online and download the latest.

Like ace said, goto safe mode, check in device manager. Check your graphics driver version. and then if it isnt the newest then get them, and if you have got the newest drivers, then get the previous version.

Ok I went to device manager and the only thing that has bright exclamation next to them are Ethernet controller, Multimedia audio controller and Video controller. So could someone please help me I cant even connect to the internet. Thanks

You need to install Drivers for ALL of those things, you didn't do A clean install so you lost the original drivers. You go type in the item you have and search for the drivers. If you want post specs of the computer and I will find them for you.

i had same problem with my pc i had a ghost image stored on a cd that came with pc but it got scratched so i had to reinstall xp and wen i did i had same problem u have + no sound. check c if u have sound if u dnt then u r gonna need to download chipset drivers or if u have the cd even better this was really difficult for me as my pc was really old ....

sorry to say coz mine was old my sound still is not very clear and the text on my screen is blurry hope your pc is newer than mine.

chipset drivers only applys to onboard

Back
Top Bottom