My new comp!

Yep im still bummed I cant OC my proc thats what has the most potential of OCing even with the stock cooler :(/

Yep im still bummed I cant OC my proc thats what has the most potential of OCing even with the stock cooler :(/

Bah, an E6400 doesn't need to be OC'd haha, I've always wanted to OC my 3800+ X2, never got the courage to do that yet though, maybe once I get a new rig, that way I'll have something to fallback on in case my computer bursts into flames from novice mistakes.

Dell locks it because it voids the warranty of the processor. Some OEMs like Falcon Northwest and Voodoo allow overclocking, because they believe that it should be something a customer can tweak with, even though the rigs they sell are already overclocked to pretty fast speeds.

As a matter of fact, I call them everyday. It's part of my job. The support process is tedious, I can clearly say that. They go through a lot of baby steps with you even though you know what the problem is already.
They do go througha lot of baby steps but cos you already know about computers etc then you would already have thought to check them things but some people that arent it tecchies or know about computers may not have checked them things

Ok im gonna OC my GPU today im dling ATI tool and 101.41 drivers because I cant with the 158.18. I can bump it to this:
# Sparkle 8800GTS 640MB
Core clock: 610MHz (500MHz stock) +~22%
Memory clock: 1000MHz (800MHz stock) +~25%

# Sparkle 8800GTS 320MB
Core clock: 630MHz (500MHz stock) +~26%
Memory clock: 1010MHz (800MHz stock) +~26%

Be careful with the memory going that high, seems like my bro got artifacts with much over 900. The highest artifact-less core clock he hit was 666. :eek:

But just make sure the fan is on full blast and keep an eye on temps and you'll do alright.

Ok
Core at 513MHz
Memory at 792MHz
55C idle

Ill bump core at 600 and memory at 1GHz. Ill increase 5MHz then test and so on.

Ok core OCed to 600MHz(500MHz Stock), idle 54-55C, load scaning for artifacts after 7min stays at 72-3C. The memory clock still stock.

Great max temp I reached is 74C right now I am running core 600MHz memory 900MHz(1800MHz effective). Its got more overclock potential but I cant seem to find a fan controler the fan only operates at 60% so untill I get the fan working at 100% I cant OC it more. Anyone with rivatuner knows another dude is telling me u can do it with riva but cant seem to find the option lol

Back
Top Bottom