My 2.93 ghz CPU is running at 2.13ghz?

sms4001

Solid State Member
hey guys so I just built a new computer this week (my first one! :)) and I have a question about my processor. It seemed weird that my processor would only get a 5.1 in the whole "vista score" system or whatever its called so I downloaded this program to check my CPU and its running really slow? Any ideas guys?

slow6800.jpg

are you running windows vista? in windows vista it lowers your megahertz in order to save power for example, my friend has a 1.5ghz processor on his labop, after installing vista it is at around 700 megahertz and inceases the megahertz in order to save power which i think is pretty stupid because it doesnt use much power and it wont save much.

yeah i am using vista 32 bit edition.. thats pretty freaking stupid if thats true! there has got to be a way to disable that right?

erm i asked my friend not long ago and he said it has something to do with the bios?? im not quite sure

or maybe it has something to do with the voltage? probly not enought to raise power? with less voltage the processor just doesnt get its share of power.

Well if it his laptop, in the BIOS it lowers it.

I haven't heard anything about Vista doing that, maybe I'm wrong.

Also go check in the BIOS to see what it is running at.

That program could be weird..

Try disabeling Vistas power mangement settings. Youll find them somewhere im pretty sure thats your problem. Sorry that I cant tell you exactly where to find I just uninstalled vista casue I hated it. Chekc the control panel

ok so I set the power options to the lowest energy save and highest performance. I also checked the advanced options and the processor minimum and maximum states are 100%. I checked in the bios and it said the processor was only 2.13 also. hmm

hmmm that is strange, wish I could help you out, try downloading CPUZ and see what that says your CPU speed is. Although im sure your bios would be reading the ocrrect speed

Back
Top Bottom