Dam,Cant Decide

I have $300 to spend on a new MP3 player.Which of these is best,Or can you suggest a better one?

Creative Zen Vision M 60gb-$317

iRiver PMP Music Jukebox 20gb-$320

Cowon A2 30Gb-Should be able to get for around $300

Toshiba Gigabeat -$260

By the way,I dont want an ipod

I havent voted coz i use ipod, i have had a zen before, but didnt like it as much. Never used the others so cant comment on them.

I have $300 to spend on a new MP3 player.Which of these is best,Or can you suggest a better one?

Creative Zen Vision M 60gb-$317

iRiver PMP Music Jukebox 20gb-$320

Cowon A2 30Gb-Should be able to get for around $300

Toshiba Gigabeat -$260

By the way,I dont want an ipod

im pissed that you can get the 60 gb version of the Zen Vision M for that price. I bought the 30 gb model when they first came out and I played $350 with tax... regardless I would highly suggest going with the Zen Vision M. As I said I've had mine for over a year and have no complaints.

I don't think I've ever tried any of those, but I've heard a lot of good things about Zen Vision M. And 60gb for a little over $300, sounds great.

I would personally buy the iRiver or the Zen, although the iRiver looks a little bulky I was well chuffed with the HP-10 which I had, sound quality was superb, and the line in function allowed recording of DJ sets etc....

Anyway, was just pleased with the iRiver range, and the creative zen touch was a lil bulky for my liking but its served me well to this day although I rarely use it, the 4 gig card in my SE K800i meets all my needs.

personally id buy an ipod if i had the money, but i you dont want one (cant see a good reason not), the second best is the zen...

I would definantly go with the Zen. I have one and it is great. First of all, you don't need to install ANY software to transfer music to it. You can use Windows Media Player or Windows Explorer. It also has a brighter screen and more color then the iPod screen so it is better for videoes. It also supports DivX which iPod does not, I have a ton of my DVDs ripped and I put a couple of them on at a time. The battery life is awesome and it charges quickly.

The only things I don't like is the dongle you need to charge with or connect to the computer. It would be too easy to lose. I also don't like the fact that the screen doesn't turn off, you have to put it on hold to get the screen to turn off while listening to music.

It does seem to take a while for it to turn on if you shut it off, but if you leave it on and let it shut off due to idleness then it boots up quickly.

I definitaly think the Zen is the way to go. You might want to get a charger for it because it only comes with the USB cord. I just use my PSP charger.

personally i would go for the iRiver, i have the ihp-120 and it has the shit kicked out of it and it works perfectly. another plus to it, is that the computer reconizes it as a flash drive so you can copy and paste files onto it or from it with ease. so it can act like an external hard drive.

with the gigabeat you can do the same thing as the iRiver but you can't run songs off of the mp3 player directly. the gigabeat formats the songs in a format that only the gigabeat can read. and to play them off of the mp3 player while it being connected into the computer you need to download some software to do so. also there is a software for it called rockbox. it allows you to watch movies, play games and do all sorts of stuff with it. my friend has one and said that he couldn't be more happier.

but IMO i would go either between the iRiver or the GigaBeat.

I'd personally go with the Zen, even though it isn't exactly as popular it still works just as well.

Back
Top Bottom