PC not booting?

It could be a dodgy AGP slot, can you test the graphics card on another comp, to rulee that out?

dodgy as in bad? im gonna take it to a shop and see if they can put it in one of there computers. i wont be able to do it till friday, but i will let you know the status.

oh yeah also i have my older agp video card that works fine using that agp slot.

Hmm, thats strange, its possibly your new card then, saying as the old one works fine. Can you test the new card in a different computer?

I have done 2 RMAs with BFG and they said the card works fine. They sent me a different card but im getting the same results. I will try to test it on a dif computer thur or friday and will let you know.

I have done 2 RMAs with BFG and they said the card works fine. They sent me a different card but im getting the same results. I will try to test it on a dif computer thur or friday and will let you know.

I had a similar problem with my radeon 9800. The problem with mine was the power connector. The cable running from my PSU to my VPU was shotty. I tried using a different power cable and nothing.

Also you bought a new AGP card, and basic logic tells me that you bought a more powerful one then your last one. More powerful video cards tend to consume more power, (power being Watts/Second). And if the total amount of Watts/Second consumed by all your components is greater then the power output of your Power Supply Unit, then your going to get exactly the problem you have described.

Read the box of your new video card to see what it says the minimum wattage you need for your power supply. Often you need up to 50 watts more then recommended if you have other power hungry components.

Back
Top Bottom