vista...WTF

Go in to the bios and make sure the cd drive is set to be first boot device. Leave the xp cd in the drive. Reboot the computer. Follow the prompts.
If you don't make it the first device the default set up will be> floppy, harddrive, optical drive. In that case the bios is seeing the hard drive BEFORE the optical drive and it boots to what ever is on the hard drive.

its booting from cd 1st..it asks me to boot so i press any key it does its hardware check then it tells me i encounterd a problem with my harddrive...when there isnt anything wrong with my harddrive..its just vista not lettin me reformat my shit...and im gettin really pissed bout to take a fuckin magnet to the fuckin thing and call it quits...lol

Goto your HDD manufacturers website and download their diagnostic tools. Then use that and do a low level format on your HDD. Then once thats done you should be to install XP as usual.

Sorry but it has nothing to do with Vista..............you have some other issue going on here..............with a messed up hard drive. You aren't even into the OS with what you are doing.

Try a clean install of Vista again.............the first part of the installation asks you if you want to format the hard drive. Once this is done you can bail the installation if you like............and then install XP.
If this doesn't work you surely have a HD or other hardware issue going on.

Why don't you like Vista? Sounds like you have a bad install of Vista to begin with.............

Just had another thought here, is your HDD SATA by any chance? If so then its possible that you need to install the SATA drivers so that your installation can see the HDD. You do this by booting the XP CD, then watch the bottom of the screen till it says to press F^, press F6, and then install the SATA drivers from floppy.

yeah i do have sata harddrives...

i will try doing a low level formatt but its all over the net vista doesnt want u downgrading to XP in my case i would be up grading...vista still needs to mature more...it doesnt have half of the drivers i need i will try tho...thanks guys

edited, removed swearing,

I dont blame you for going back to xp lol. and yea i dont think you cant go backwards, i cant believe that you can format the partition though... did you try using magic partition..

Back
Top Bottom