EVGA or XFX?

reodan92

Baseband Member
Well im thinking of getting either getting a evga mobo with a 8800 evga gpu or a XFX mobo with a 8800 XFX gpu but i was wondering which one is more reliable and should i just mix it.

i dont think those companies make motherboards unless its under i different brand

for video cards eVGA is "Ole Reliable" in most peoples mind :D although XFX cards look bad ass

Both those companies make motherboards, but I wouldn't personally buy one from either of them. Graphic card wise, yes, they're both very good. eVGA, XFX are probably the two premier video cards around. Both have incredibley high clock rates (depend on the version you get) and are proven. I have an eVGA and it works great, but if there was an XFX card cheaper than it's exact counterpart (eVGA), I would get the XFX. Whichever one is on sale, hehe.

eVGA motherbaord and eVGA Videocard, eVGA has the best warrenty, customer service, and step up program if need be.

eVGA has had the best track record, but XFX has come a long way ever since they introduced the 7 series. The 6 series was crap. The heatsinks were puny and ineffective. Personally I would stick with eVGA because I know they're always going to be there. It wouldn't hurt to go with XFX though.

I love evga. my 8800 and motherboard from them have not failed. which board are you looking at anyway??

But the reson i chose evga when i built my comptuer was the quality of their products, and the lifetime warranty even if you fry it overclocking.

Both those companies make motherboards, but I wouldn't personally buy one from either of them. Graphic card wise, yes, they're both very good. eVGA, XFX are probably the two premier video cards around. Both have incredibley high clock rates (depend on the version you get) and are proven. I have an eVGA and it works great, but if there was an XFX card cheaper than it's exact counterpart (eVGA), I would get the XFX. Whichever one is on sale, hehe.

XFX used to (And possibly still does) use parts lower than the Nvidia reference models, unlike eVGA which uses the exact parts or better.

Both those companies make motherboards, but I wouldn't personally buy one from either of them. Graphic card wise, yes, they're both very good.

what he said.
As for mobos, I'd definitely take a look at asus.
I've always had an asus mobo and I've always been satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom