PC going in sleep mode, help!

Eighty8lx501

Baseband Member
Hello there,
When I step away from the computer it goes into sleep mode. After I return to use the computer the internet connection will not work, so I am forced to restart my pc to get the connection back. Any suggestions to fix this problem would be appreciated. Thank you.

Are you running Broadband or Dial-up? I think when going into stand-by with Dial-up it terminates the connection..I'll look and see if I can remember where the setting is

Matt

You can disable Sleep Mode completely if you wish. Just go into the Control Panel and go to the Power Options. The options to disable Hibernation, Standby, hard disk power saving features are in there.

Or what you can do is if you do have broadband, you can just right click on the little computer screen down in the system tray (lower right hand corner in the task bar area) and go to "Open Connections" or "View Available Wireless Networks". Then just select the network and click Connect.

Check your network card properties, and make sure there isnt a power management setting there, some cards have an option to turn off your network card when its idle.

Ahhh, yes. The Power Management deal. Even the Wireless adapters have a variation of the power saving feature:

On the wireless USB adapter or similar wireless devices:

untitled1gl0.jpg

Built in NIC:

untitledol4.jpg

I never use this one and the device itself is permanently disabled anyways.

Just make sure they're all disabled one way or the other.

Back
Top Bottom