History Coursework is an arse...

the_briton

Baseband Member
Got to do a 3000 word essay on the Battle of Stalingrad - my question "The axis defeat at Stalingrad was more due to poor logisitics than Soviet military superioirty. How far do you agree"...At least I got to choose the subject i guess...Kinda want to get it done before my new computer comes, so im sitting on the computer at 2.33 am with mountains of books and papers about Stalingrad ^-^

3,000 words is around 10-15 pages double-spaced I believe. That shouldn't be too bad. I would just sit back and talk about why logistics are important in wars. Then spend your section talking about how a strong military means nothing if they can't operate correctly. Use the Revolutionary War and the Spanish-American Wars as example.Then talk a little bit about the events leading up to the battle and then the battle itself. Giving details into the battle. Then you should talk about the errors Germany made and how Russia was able to capitalize them. Then talk about the signifigance of Stalingrad and how Hitler continued to make dumb mistakes which caused him to lose the war.

Boom, you're done in an hour.

Well, its not all just Soviet superiority. History channel did a thing on that a few weeks ago and pointed out how lucky the Soviets were that the german's tank engines broke (cracked in such a way that it rendered the engine uselse) due to the extreme cold. Had those tanks made it to Stalingrad the battle would have been much different.

Tanks barely had any fuel and when they did it froze...they were basically useless in the city anyway, the rubble was just to high to navigate around the city...T34 used diesel so it didnt freeze

3000 words? That's nothin' mate.. I would help you out but I didn't do history. It's supposidly the easiest subject around though..

ha ha!!! Mine was "How far did the USA's over confidence in its military contribute the their downfall in vietnam?"

I got a "B"!!! PM me and Ill tell u how i did it ;)

Back
Top Bottom