Car Thread!

I can't find any info anywhere besides the fact that it was desiged to be like a "rally" sport shifter. Man, this got me more curious. Perhaps Arrizx should take picts of the pedals and a close up on the shifter itself and perhaps all the instrument panels :p. I hear that the shifting is so close and smooth, that you can actually get away without shifting at certain times.

It's got only 160HP and from what I heard, the i-VTEC gives it that extra boost that kicks in at higher RPMs, unlike VVT-i (where the boost is in all RPM range---Toyota, Scion, and Lexus). Still, it's a capable motor.

Lol, I think there is a clutch in there:

Honda Civic 2.0 Si 3Dr Clutch Pedal Pad
http://replacement.carjunky.com/par...005&category=I&part=Clutch Pedal Pad&dp=false

Looks like they sell clutch pedals at this website, but the picture is not shown--just the pedal pad but it still leaves me to believe that it has a clutch you have to step on but the picture wasn't low enough for us to actually see it.

I think I see it. If you look really close right below the steering wheel towards the left, you can barely see the bottom left tip of the clutch pedal.

FTW, oh yea---now we can all rest in peace.

0308_3+2003_To_2005_Honda_Civic_Si+Interior_View_Dashboard.jpg

Clutch^^^^^^

I think arrizx thinks that the shifter is called a clutch..

ROFL, if that was the case, super lol. Yesterday, my roommate told me that if I can paint his brake "propellers", lol. I said, "what?" He keep insisting they're propellers. Finally I told him, "You mean Calipers?" Imagine if he were to say that to someone else. They would be laughing in his face. He was so embarrased.

auto's V manual's

ive driven both.. and quite a few of both, and for messing aorund in, no competition, manuals are the best, but for every day just driving to and from, the modern auto's are brilliant, i had a new corsa for a while last year, and that was an auto, it was so nice to drive.. the car ive got at the moment is a manual, its not bad for what i spent on it..

both have their pros and cons, overall, if you like having fun in the car then manuals are the way to go, but if you just plod up the motorway to work every day, autos are the best..

ive driven vans with the gearstick there before too, on the center console;

Relay-2006-UKLP4hr.jpg

thats what the van at work has, ive driven that a few times.. doesnt take long to get used to...

this is teh van..

SRTechnics_1.jpg

it is actually real comfortable to drive..

I should've video taped it. Man it was hilarious when he was saying that. He keep insisting they were called propellers. I even joked around by telling him to say it in very slow motion. He's like, "pro---pell--ers", man ROFL. Good thing I wasn't eating at the time or all the food would be flying out of my mouth.

Yeah, the thing that's in the Si is the gear shift lever. Just like mark thorpe's car is as well, but his is like waaayyyyyyyy up there on the dash.

Back
Top Bottom