Mercedes A140 Elegance 1.4 LWB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I hadn't started the thread now, I was highly elated when I drove it home, I like variety in my life, I've owned 17 cars, all paid for, cash in hand, & wanted something different for once to bring an added sparkle to my life, someone asked if it's economical, how's 42mpg urban/town driving, [Audi was 22mpg] & it's less road tax, also insurance is about 33% less.

can't go wrong paying in cash! I'd say 42MPG is great, especially since gas prices aren't getting any cheaper either.

cant go wrong with 42MPG, thats about the same as my daewoo piece of junk.. lol.. the daewoo is just very cheap motoring, £400 for the car, only a grand to insure a year.. before i have lost money by using that instead of the pug, i have to go through 3 of them, its a hellalot cheaper to insure

My thanks to those who've cheered me up, I'm going to drive right round the island tomorrow while this great weather lasts, by the way the Merc price when new is around £13,000, what I paid was considerably less, at 4 years old with a guaranteed low mileage of 18,000, I've learnt that a local Isle of Wight guy with loadsa cash bought it for his spoilt 20 year old daughter, [there's plenty of those on the island, Roger Moore [007] lived here once], so I reaped the benifit!

I like it, it's like the Smart car which I really like. Not to be offensive, but those cars are good for the older generation. 1.4 Ltr is not bad, I bet your insurance is under £100, tax will be pennies on those.. easy to drive, and I bet you get a good few miles to the gallon on that..

Nice buy..

I can't wait until im 17, not too long and I'm expecting to drive within the month I start learning, and I alreasy have lessons from the rents.. I've got a car sorted, and my uncle is paying my £5,000 insurance for 4 years, until im 21..

It's a Peugeot 306, 1.6Ltr, Turbo, GTI.. 4 door, EMS, FMS, ABS, Electric Windows, Air-Con, and a 600W sound system. Currently owned by my mother, she's willing to give it to be for my 17th. Once I get it, it's getting rims, and tints..

if you dont mind me asking, whats the comparison between the insurance of the two cars?

the comparison between the two cars i own are:

peugeot 206 1.4HDi - £2,700 per year (£230 per month)
daewoo nexia 1.5GLXi - £1,100 per year (£99 per month)

just wondering what kinda prices you pay for insurance?

i totally understand why you got rid of the audi and got taht, ive done the same thing with the pug and the daewoo (lol, though with not as nice cars though..)

I would say he's paying significantly less because of his age and driving experience. I wouldn't be surprised if it was less than half of what you're paying. I pay $112 per month USD of course. Not bad--full coverage.

See post 20

Wow, those engines...
1.4L? And I thought my 2.0 was small...
Looks like a fun car, though.

if you dont mind me asking, whats the comparison between the insurance of the two cars?

the comparison between the two cars i own are:

peugeot 206 1.4HDi - £2,700 per year (£230 per month)
daewoo nexia 1.5GLXi - £1,100 per year (£99 per month)

just wondering what kinda prices you pay for insurance?

i totally understand why you got rid of the audi and got taht, ive done the same thing with the pug and the daewoo (lol, though with not as nice cars though..)
The Audi just rose to £435 a year, the Merc should be around £280.
I think that younger people pay far too much, whew, both yours are high, at least there's one advantage to growing old! I've got 9 years protected no claims bonus, god knows what it'd be without that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom