My new comp!

Yeah AA takes jaggies away. Argh I wanted to play HL 2 but I need internet to setup the account then I could play it offline :(

I never knew it made a huge image for every frame and scaled it way down though, that's basically what I was getting at.

And looks to me like you should've got a wireless card. lol

LoL yeah or maybe ill order another line for internet because it would get slow if I share it :p

Ok finally got my benchmark I scored 7998 what do you guys think its ok right for my specs?

Lol, why do you hate Dells? They're really good y'know, people just tend to bash the company because other people do. They make affordable computers for people who either A) Want to get the most out of their money in a budget PC or B) Aren't very savvy with computer hardware and all that jazz. Give Dell a chance, they really aren't too bad of a recommendation for people that are looking for a cheap affordable desktop PC, but of course, if you know how to build one yourself, it's always better to take that route. Apart from desktops, their line of Inspiron/XPS laptops are actually very nice, I have a low end Inspiron and it works just the way I'd expect it to for a 400 dollar price tag. And yeah, you can add on cards in Dells, things aren't locked, I don't know how that rumor started, I've added cards to my Dimension 3000s, I currently own three of them.. only one is in use right now though =P.
dell are good for people that have no interest in building a computer and just want a computer for home to surf the internet adn type things up , theese are the kind of people that dell are perfect for as they wouldnt have a clue about building a computer whereas if you know how to build computers you are best off building your own as yo can get much cheaper than dell .also people bash dells when they have never owned one or experienced one that is stupid , i own a dell right now (well its my parents realy but it is in our house ) and i havent had any problems with it at all and it must be about a year and 2-3 months old no problems no hardware failure nothing .

There is another trick to getting a cheap system from dell , order the machine with the lowest ammount of ram and hard drive and no dvd burner then go out and nuy theese as you can get them cheaper in local computer stores then add them you could save quite a bit off money off the
dell price

Even though its a dell, i must say its a nice system. The trick to dell is you gotta get a decently priced machine to get a good quality one.

Every day at work its the same thing the cheap $600 dells that are less than two years old come in often for service, the ones above $1000 come in after about 4 years. for the average joe, they are decent, untill something goes wrong and you need to make a phone call to india. (please note that the only reason i said this last stuff is because i saw a comment from some1 asking why we don't like dells)

I have a dell that costs equivelent off $600 and i never had any problems with it at all and it runs perfectly well i am posting this on the machine now .If you built yourself a computer for say $600 you would use simmilar components to dell for that budget so therefore that may break quicker .

and any computer can develop a fault , hard drives fail without warning sometimes but yet when its a dell that does that they get hated on ,

I have a dell that costs equivelent off $600 and i never had any problems with it at all and it runs perfectly well i am posting this on the machine now .If you built yourself a computer for say $600 you would use simmilar components to dell for that budget so therefore that may break quicker .

and any computer can develop a fault , hard drives fail without warning sometimes but yet when its a dell that does that they get hated on ,

Haha, that's true, you never hear people complaining about their own failed projects, that's just embarassing, so when there's no one else to look at, throw the blame at Dell. That's basically where all the distaste is coming from.

Can't you run HL2 in offline mode? Download the Steam installer and throw it onto a flash drive, and install Steam, then just run it in offline mode.

My brother just explained to me how AA works today... do you guys know?
For those who don't, apparently it just creates a HUGE image and scales it down so the jaggies are eliminated. Intense.

What I usually tell people to try is to draw a line, in paint with a little angle. Then, I tell them that AA would bake the line look perfect.

Haha, that's true, you never hear people complaining about their own failed projects, that's just embarassing, so when there's no one else to look at, throw the blame at Dell. That's basically where all the distaste is coming from.

Can't you run HL2 in offline mode? Download the Steam installer and throw it onto a flash drive, and install Steam, then just run it in offline mode.

I need to setup the account so its saved on my computer after that I can play offline because there is no saved account in my new comp, steam installs before installing HL2.

Damn, that's a pretty big upgrade from what you've been using before. Your first ever dual core system--and it's loaded too. I wish I was using dual core or quad core for that matter. You're Vista rating should shoot way up there.

Back
Top Bottom